Thursday, October 9, 2008

You aint nothin but a hound dog

I cross posted an expanded version of Counterknowledge, Google, and Amory Lovins on Daily Kos. In contrast to the usual Kos Zombie attack, I got civil responses. One response form a Lovins admirer, Hound dog, drew an extended Fisking from me in reply.

In his commet, Hound dog bases a number of his arguments on statements that are indirectly attributed to unidentified sources. Referring to the proposed Federal nuclear waste repository, Hound dog states:

"Yes, the utilities contribute to a Waste Management Fund, but it accourding to the Idaho National Labs folks I've facilitated strategic sessions for, it is no where near enough. A totally made up number".

"It does not exist yet, and from what I've been told, will be vastly more expensive then these symbollic contributions to Waste Management Funds."

Hound Dog also asserts:
"This is already a slow brewing Katrina like diasaster, that needs more attention. But, from what I've been told, the scientists most in the know, are having their reports suppressed".

Hound dog tells us:
"these factors must be analyzed objectively",

But as I note in responce:
"we have an individual who hides his identity telling us that he has been told by unnamed people, that reports from unnamed sources are being suppressed. This does not meet the standard of a fact based, reality based argument".

As I indicated, Hound dog's approach appeared on the surface to be more rational than that taken by by commenters on many of my Daily Kos posts. But instead of the objective analysis he called for, Hound dog supplies us with the most unsubstantiated and ephemeral of claims.

I concluded my responce to Hound dog with the following words:
You aint nothin but a hound dog
Cryin all the time.
You aint nothin but a hound dog
Cryin all the time.
Well, you aint never caught a rabbit
And you aint no friend of mine.

When they said you was high classed,
Well, that was just a lie.
When they said you was high classed,
Well, that was just a lie.
You aint never caught a rabbit
And you aint no friend of mine.
- jerry leiber and mike stoller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad/sad to say my dog can be your friend, he's presently inside with intention to go BACK outside with his rabbit already sacked. :( icky ditry! I am outstasia@aol.com. I am only in the anonymous category because I forgot my blogspot id/password. I'll get it later...!

Followers

Blog Archive

Some neat videos

Nuclear Advocacy Webring
Ring Owner: Nuclear is Our Future Site: Nuclear is Our Future
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com
Dr. Joe Bonometti speaking on thorium/LFTR technology at Georgia Tech David LeBlanc on LFTR/MSR technology Robert Hargraves on AIM High